Buy at Cabela's - Support VSSA

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Primary Day in Virginia

The polls opened at 6:00 AM this morning and will remain open until 7:00 PM. Turn out was going to be light anyway but the threat of rain may dampen turnout even more. This will be all about which candidate can turn out their supporters. Most of folks I follow who make such predictions believe Creigh Deeds' late surge gives him a leg up in the race to be the Democratic candidate for Governor. We will see.

There are a smattering of nominations for House seats too.

I you are planning to vote (you don't have to be a Democrat - Virginia is an open primary state), here is one more thing to consider when trying to decide which candidate supports your rights, courtesy of the New York Times.

“Unlike my friend Creigh, I support the Second Amendment, but I don’t dance whenever the N.R.A. tells me to,” said Mr. Moran, jabbing at Mr. Creeds, who won the endorsement of the National Rifle Association in his 2005 attorney general race.
For someone who claims to support the Second Amendment, Moran has been the most vocal in calling for more gun control during the race.

No comments: