Buy at Cabela's - Support VSSA

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Democratic Oklahoma Congressman and NRA Board Member Declines to Endorse Obama

The Associated Press reported yesterday that Oklahoma's lone Democrat in Congress, and newest NRA Board Member, David Boren, declined to endorse Senator Barack Obama. Boren said that while Obama has talked about working with Republicans, "unfortunately, his record does not reflect working in a bipartisan fashion." Boren, a self-described centrist, is seeking a third term this year in a mostly rural district that stretches across eastern Oklahoma. "We're much more conservative," Boren said of his district. 'I've got to reflect my district. No one means more to me than the people who elected me. I have to listen them.' He called Obama "the most liberal senator in the U.S. Senate."

Seems Obama will have more trouble uniting his party than some thought.

No comments: