Buy at Cabela's - Support VSSA

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Rigell Becomes Second Virginia GOP Congressman Announcing Retirement

The Hill reports that 2nd District Congressman Scott Rigell will not seek re-election:
“[T]he five-year point of service is, to me, a point of decision: has a meaningful difference been made and it's time go home, or is serving in Congress a career and the hope is to serve much longer?” Rigell asked.

“Given the two alternatives, my belief in term limits, and in reflecting upon what my team and I have accomplished, I am at peace about coming home.”
Also retiring is 5th District Congressman Robert Hurt.  While the 5th District will likely be more difficult for Democrats to pick up, the 2nd District is considered competitive and sets up a possible pick-up opportunity for Democrats.

No comments: