Buy at Cabela's - Support VSSA

Thursday, August 6, 2009

This is Refreshing

I recently contacted Congressman Randy Forbes asking him to co-sponsor H.R. 2296: The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Reform and Firearms Modernization Act of 2009. I had all expectations that he would sign on but at the time I contacted him, he had not. Congressman Forbes is a strong supporter of the Second Amendment back to his days in the Virginia General Assembly. What I did not expect was to get a phone call from a staff member letting me know that he had co-sponsored the bill. I get so many "stock" form letters in response to contacts with legislators (not necessarily from Congressman Forbes) and many times these letters written by low level staff barely address the specific issue I had mentioned in my correspondence. So to get a phone call from the Congressman's office specifically addressing the bill that was the subject of my contact is truly refreshing.

No comments: