Buy at Cabela's - Support VSSA

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

God, Guns and Pickup Trucks

That's the title of Tracie Powell's article over at CQ Politics this morning about Missouri car dealer Mark Muller giving away a free AK-47 with the purchase of a truck . I expected the same indignation from Ms. Powell that we saw from CNN reporter Carol Costello in her report last Friday. Powell at least approached the topic with some humor and without Costello's hostility. I have to admit, I chuckled at her parting shot.

Still, it seems this gun mania is going to be around for awhile, something Muller is counting on to help him move a few trucks off his lot.

What’s next, a “Glocks for Jobs” program?

As a regular reader of Ms. Powell's columns, I know she is no conservative and I expected her to take some shots at Mr. Muller (and gun owners in general) in her own way but I have to say, she was not as overtly offended by the sales pitch as the CNN reporter Carol Costello.

This story is spreading like wildfire. The New York Times, as well as foriegn press, has run articles.

Sounds like a good sales idea to me. As Ms. Powell pointed out referring to our current economic situation:

While car sales have plunged, gun sales have surged.

Here is the CNN report.

No comments: