Buy at Cabela's - Support VSSA

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tiahrt Stays in Obama FY 2010 Budget

During the 2008 campaign, then candidate Barack Obama made repeal of the "Tiahrt Amendments" one of his gun control priorities - siting the repeal as one of the four things he thought he could get done if elected.

According to an interview with NRANews earlier this year with Congressman Todd Tiahrt, the amendments are now a permanent part of the budget effective with the FY 2009 Omnibus Appropriations Act - meaning that rather than having to insert them every year, they would have to be specifically removed. It appears President Obama does not want to fight that battle since his FY2010 did not remove the provisions from the budget.

The anti-rights crowd is not happy with the President's "broken promise."

There is other good news leading up to this weekend's NRA Annual Meetings and I will detail some of it tomorrow as I begin my trip to Phoenix. Followers of this blog will have inside access to the first couple of days of the event as I will be blogging on location with special access as part of the 2nd Amendment Blog Bash taking place during the Annual Meeting. Mine will be a short trip as I have to balance the Annual Meeting with parental duties. This is also dance recital weekend for my daughters so I have to leave Phoenix early to get back for that event too.

No comments: