Buy at Cabela's - Support VSSA

Monday, December 8, 2008

Obama - Gun Owners Have Nothing to Fear

According to an AFP report, Barack Obama said yesterday during a press conference that gun owners have no reason to stock up on guns.

"I believe in common sense gun safety law, and I believe in the second amendment. And so, lawful gun owners have nothing to fear. I've said that throughout the campaign. I haven't indicated anything different during the transition, and I think that people can take me at my word."

Obama always adds he has no intention of "taking away folks' guns." True enough. But he has made statements that make it very clear he plans to make it as hard as possible, or in some cases impossible, to get certain types of guns. I think actions speak much louder than words and given Obama's past record, and the fact that he has announced a very anti-gun nominee for Attorney General, gun owners should be very wary.

No comments: